FANDOM

  • Chchiu

    The presentation went very well demonstrating all the hard work we have done from proof of concept to the final open source product. We have practice many times before the actual presentation, trying to create a smooth running presentation and I think our hard work had paid off. I am now working on the Individual Report and that's mean this module has come to an end.

    I want to thank every single person in the group and our supervisor, without them RoboHome would not be what it's now.

    Read more >
  • Chchiu


    The app will parse the json file from the server and display it on the app. The app itself was written in C# with the help of json2csharp (http://json2csharp.com) which creates all the required classes for your JSON response. I also used some external library to parse the JASON such as JSON.NET (http://json.codeplex.com)

    The main problems we encounter during developing the app was deserialize the JSON object from the phone and show it to a readable form. I was planning to show it with tiles format however because of the time limit I can only show it in text now.

    Looking at the screenshots below, when the user click on the “click to refresh” it will parse all the status from the RPi. The app was write was Window Phone 7.5 and we were testing …


    Read more >
  • Chchiu

    Finally after weeks of making the module, it was finished to a high standard as you can see on the pictures. It was a combine of hardware and software making the module automated controller to run a motor that can operate the opening and closing of blinds. The final product was design so that everything can fit in a box to carry around and was protected from damange.

    I will guide through the many problems i had through creating the module from stretch to finish. From creating simple circuits for the sensors, hacking the motor shield so it can be stacked with the arduino and wifi shield to implementation of the code. The source code can be download on RoboHome GitHub page.

    Building these modules can be separated in these parts:

    1.Requirements…

    Read more >
  • Chchiu

    I have wrote some tests and started testing my cloud system, I uploaded a screenshot of my first few test.


    During my testing, I have updated to Mac OS X 10.8 and PHPUnit start to produce errors when run. After spend at least 5 hours fixing my PHPUnit on my Mac 10.8.2, I finally fixed my PHPUnit on my mac. I hope this tutorial can help those who upgraded to moutain lion and suddenly PHPUnit not working and this error suddenly always pop up:

    PHP Warning: require_once(File/Iterator/Autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Autoload.php on line 64 PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'File/Iterator/Autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php/pear') in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Au…
    Read more >
  • Chchiu

    Soldering the prototype

    March 14, 2013 by Chchiu

    So this week I moved to do some work with hardware, I tried to put the Motor Shield + Wifi Shield + Arduino + Hall effect together trying to make a module for the Window.

    This is very danger because the motor is running in 12V and could burn the Arduino very quickly, but it's very fun and challenging. I spend a lot time with Dennise to learn the stucture of Arduino and the Motor shield. I then build a prototype using the breadboard and making sure it work. Then I learn some soldering and put everything together.

    Read more >